As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I use a functional medicine approach to get to the root cause of symptoms and treat them with nutrition and lifestyle recommendations. I came to appreciate this approach through my own health and wellness journey. I know what it feels like to be confused and overwhelmed by medical issues, to have symptoms that are seemingly disconnected, and to hope that someday you’ll find the link that ties everything together.
I have struggled with my own hormone and digestive health since I was in my teens, looking to doctors for answers, and at best finding temporary band-aid solutions that didn’t address the underlying problem. It wasn’t until my thirties that I started to recognize the critical role that nutrition was playing in my health. I became my own health advocate, diving into learning all I could about what was driving my symptoms. As I continued down this path and began to take control of my own health, I decided that I wanted to be able to do the same for others. I set out to change careers … to be the practitioner for others that I was always seeking.
Through specializing in PCOS and other metabolic conditions, I have worked with many individuals struggling with chronic dieting, weight cycling and their relationship with food. As a practitioner, I see daily the impact that diet culture has on the physical, emotional and mental wellbeing of my clients. Because a healthy relationship with food and one’s body is a critical component of our health, this is often the very first step we will tackle together. Many clients feel out of control with food, are out of touch with their body’s internal cues, or use food as their primary coping mechanism. To better assist my clients, I became a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, enabling me to support them in breaking free from chronic dieting and weight cycling and truly discover food freedom.
My goal is to be your detective, advocate, and ally, while arming you with the knowledge and solutions to take charge of your health. I will partner with you to show you the power of food, how to make realistic changes that work for you, and how to rediscover the joy and freedom in eating.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics (Montclair State University)
- Supervised Practice/ Dietetic Internsip (Sodexo)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Cornell University)
- Masters in Education (George Washington University)
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders with Marci Evans
- Body Image Training with Brianna Campos
- Trauma-Informed Dietetic Care with Tracy Brown & Fiona Sutherland
- Women’s Health Nutrition Academy
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- GI Dietitian’s Roadmap from SIBO Academy
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (iaedp)
- Eating Disorder Registered Dietitians and Professionals (EDRD Pro)
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH)
- New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Behavioral Health Nutrition Practice Group
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group