As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I use a functional medicine approach to get to the root cause of symptoms and treat them with nutrition and lifestyle recommendations. I came to appreciate this approach to care through my own health and wellness journey. I know what it feels like to be confused and overwhelmed by medical issues, to have symptoms that are seemingly disconnected, and to hope that someday you’ll find the link that ties everything together.
I know what it’s like to feel unheard…to be told everything is normal when deep down you know that it is not.
I have struggled with my own hormone and digestive health since I was in my teens, looking to doctors for answers, and at best finding temporary band-aid solutions that didn’t address the underlying problem. It wasn’t until my thirties that I started to recognize the critical role that nutrition was playing in my health. I became my own health advocate, diving into learning all I could about what was driving my symptoms. As I continued down this path and began to take control of my own health, I decided that I wanted to be able to do the same for others. I set out to change careers … to be the practitioner for others that I was always seeking.
My goal is to be YOUR detective and advocate, while arming you with the knowledge and solutions to take charge of your health. I will partner with you to show you the power of food and how to make realistic changes that work for you.
I obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition and dietetics from Montclair State University after earning a BS in psychology from Cornell University and an MA in education from George Washington University. I followed this with the completion of over 1,000 hours of supervised practice in a dietetic internship. I have received advanced education and training in nutrition for women’s health through the following:
- Women’s Health Nutrition Academy
- Gennev Menopause Training for Health Practitioners
- GI Dietitian’s Roadmap from SIBO Academy
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Certificate of Training in Integrative & Functional Nutrition (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) (in progress)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group
- Women’s Health Dietetic Practice Group
- Diabetes Dietetic Practice Group
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid disorders
- Digestive Health (SIBO, IBS, GERD)
- Fertility & Preconception
- Pregnancy & Postpartum
- Preventative Health & Wellness